Position: Student Intervenor for the Deafblind community
Term: Student/ Intern from May 2019- July 2019
- Facilitates communication between individuals and their environment under the guidance of mentors.
- Supports one-on-one services to individuals who are Deafblind in the home or in the community.
- Works with the mentors/ supervisors/co-workers/ volunteers to effectively meet the needs of individuals.
- Assists clients in pursuing community-based recreation, education, vocation, social and self-advocacy.
- Supports clients in literacy and learning opportunities;
- Supports administrative duties such as reports and service tracking upon request.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Understanding of theories and principles of intervention, knowledge of Deafblindness and common associated health related concerns.
- Knowledge of alternative communication methods such as American Sign Language, Two-hand Manual, Fingerspelling, etc.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service, well-organized, attention to detail.
- Good Problem-solving and time management skills.
- Good command of relevant computer applications.
- Be available to travel to individual’s home and to their appointments.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Closing Date for Applications: May 15, 2019
CNIB Deafblind Community Services is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity. If you need this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Please send your Cover Letter, Resume, and Academic Transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Title, Term and Location in the subject line, and mention how you learned of this position. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a Vulnerable Sector Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB Deafblind Community Services, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.