Strategic Plan 2020-2022
Bold Dreams, Bright Futures
Through our strategic plan, Bold Dreams, Bright Futures, CNIB Deafblind Community Services has three ambitious goals that will drive our work for the next three years.
Our strategic ambitions:
- Drive Achievement and Equality
- Unleash the Power of Technology
- Maximize Engagement and Performance
Strategic Ambition #1: Drive Achievement and Equality
Life is a beautiful, wonderful, crazy thing. Life should be no different when you are Deafblind. We’ll encourage people who are Deafblind to lead active, connected lives and chase their dreams – and we’ll smash the stigma and barriers that stand in the way.
- Expanding equitable access to critical intervenor and emergency services for people who are Deafblind in all parts of the country
- Amplifying the voices of people who are Deafblind to break down community barriers, challenge stigma and support equal rights
Strategic Ambition #2: Unleash the Power of Technology
Technology can level the playing field for people who are Deafblind – but only when it’s accessible, available and affordable. We’ll work to connect people who are Deafblind with the cutting-edge technology they need and want and help them build the skills to capitalize on its potential.
- Connecting our clients with innovative devices, apps and tools that enable communication and daily independence
- Incorporating technology training into Deafblind intervenor services and literacy programming
Strategic Ambition #3: Maximize Engagement and Performance
Our plans require creativity, agility and passionate commitment from every part of our organization. We’ll engage our staff and volunteers, harness the full potential of our resources, and enhance our business practices so we can turn our strategic ambitions into reality.
- Expanding, upskilling and engaging our workforce to deliver high-quality services as Canada’s experts on Deafblindness
- Engaging government partners and our allies in the Deafblind services sector to support and advance our mission of ethics and accountability.